1. IVF pregnancies can’t go wrong.
2. Clear 12 and 20 week scans mean all is well.
3. Baby loss only affects other people and it’s really rare.
4. If you didn’t have pre-eclampsia first one you won’t get it second time around.
5. If you’ve had pre-eclampsia and are pregnant again you will get it later and it will be less severe.
6. Medicine can fix everything and everyone.
7. If your baby has died or is dying you won’t have to go through labour.
8. Babies die because their mum did something wrong during pregnancy.
9. If your baby has died your next one will live.
10. Everyone will understand your situation and make life as easy as possible.
These are just some of the things I believed before Rory and Henry. They are all untrue. I am the one in 4. I believed these untruths. I never expected it to happen to me. This is why I talk about my babies and raise awareness.